Chicken Chow Mein
9 oz rice noodles/ or linguini rice noodles
2 Tblsp organic olive oil
10 oz cooked organic chicken, shredded (pull apart in string-like pieces)
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
3 ½ oz mushrooms, sliced
6 green onions chopped
1 cup bean sprouts
3 Tblsp Bragg Aminos
1 Tblsp organic sesame oil
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped onion
1/8- 1/2 cup Arrowroot powder (use enough to thicken sauce)
¼ cup 9.5 alkaline water
1. Place noodles in 9.5 boiling alkaline water. Cook for several minutes (3-4 minutes at full boil). Do not over cook. Rinse with cold water and drain.
2. Preheat a wok or large skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and swirl it around to coat the sides of the wok. When oil is hot, add the garlic, bell pepper, mushrooms, green onions, onions, celery, clove, and bean sprouts to the wok and stir-fry for about 5 minutes
3. Add the shredded chicken to this vegetable mixture.
4. Add the drained, cooked noodles to the wok vegetable mixture. Toss well, stir fry for an additional 5 minutes.
5. Mix the arrowroot in the alkaline water until fully dissolved in a separate container. Add the Bragg Aminos to this liquid. Pour over the vegetable, chicken mixture in the wok and cook lightly until this sauce thickens.
5. Drizzle the sesame oil over the chow mein and toss until well combined
6. Transfer the chicken chow mein to warmed serving bowl and serve immediately.
Yield: 4-6 servings
Chicken Enchilada Casserole
1 whole chicken, baked or cooked in crock pot, spice as you like (tamari sauce, bragg aminos, etc)
12 rice, teft or corn organic tortillas
1 onion chopped
2 cups cream of mushroom soup (see recipe for non dairy soup)
15 oz can enchilada, mild sauce (see recipe for homemade)
2 cups shredded rice, almond or soy cheese
1 can black olives, chopped
1 -2 Tblsp arrowroot mixed in ½ cup Alkaline 9.5 water.
1. Cook chicken, pull meat off bones and chop in small pieces
2. Make sauce: Mix together cream of mushroom soup, onions, enchilada sauce, arrowroot - water, and chicken pieces.
3. In 9x13” greased pan place 6 tortillas ripped in 1x1” pieces on the bottom of pan. Next add a layer of the chicken and enchilada sauce mixture. Then place another layer of ripped tortillas over the sauce. Place the rest of the sauce/chicken mixture over the top of that.
4. Sprinkle cheese and olives over the top.
5. Bake 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
Chicken N Casserole
½ cup butter
1 tsp garlic granules
4-5 lb roasting chicken (naturally grown,or organic), cut into pieces (wings, legs, thighs, breast, etc) Small pieces coat with rice flour
1 cup organic rice flour
2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp ground pepper
2 medium organic onions, thinly sliced
2 cups chopped in 1/8 inch pieces celery
6 organic carrots, chopped in 1” lengths
½ cup mushrooms (fresh or canned)
2 Tblsp minced fresh or dried parsley
Pinch of dried thyme and dried marjoram
Dash of Worcestershire sauce
¼ tsp ground pepper
1 bay leaf, crumbled
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Put butter and garlic in a large skillet over low heat.
3. Dip chicken pieces in mixture of rice flour, salt, and pepper,
4. Brown chicken in butter slowly in a skillet. Then transfer to 9x 13” baking dish.
5. Using the same skillet in which you browned the chicken, sauté onions, celery, and mushrooms until slightly browned. Stir in remaining ingredients, carrots, parsley, thyme, marjoram, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and bay leaf.
8. Season to taste with sea salt.
9. Pour onion, carrots, etc, vegetable mixture over chicken. Put into oven for 45 min to 60 minutes. Serve hot from baking dish.
Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees
Yield: 6 servings