Almond Roca Candy with Honey
1/2-2/3 cups butter, or coconut oil*
1. Butter or oil a cookie sheet first (important.) Cook butter and honey over medium heat to ‘hard crack’ temp (300 degrees F).
2. Add the almonds, stirring over heat for 1 minute. Pour onto buttered cookie sheet. Refrigerate, to cool.
3. Crack, by hitting with the back of a large spoon. Use spatula to remove from sheet, then refrigerate the pieces. Enjoy!
* If you can eat butter, it is best to use it for this recipe. It will work with coconut oil but may be a little more sticky.
Yield 20-25 pieces
12 med organic carrots
¾ cut rice flour
1/3 flax seed meal
1/3 c sucanant (sugar came)
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp baking powder
½ t pumpkin spice
¼ t spike
¼ t baking soda
2 fertile eggs beaten
¼ cup organic olive
1 cup honey yogurt
1 small organic orange
¼ cup butter (room temperature)
4 Tblsp raw honey
½ cup sucanat, or organic cane sugar
1 large fertile egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup brown rice flour
3 Tblsp potato starch
¼ cup carob
½ tsp xanthan gum
½ tsp sea salt
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter, honey, brown sugar, egg and vanilla.
In another bowl, combine flours, carob, xanthan gum, salt, and baking powder. Stir this mixture into creamed mixtures.
2. Shape dough into soft ball. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Preheat over to 325°F.
4. Grease with olive oil stainless steel or glass cookie tray. Dust hands with carob and shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place on cookie sheet. Flatten slightly with bottom of glass dipped into cocoa powder.
5. Bake 25-30 minutes or until cookies appear dry on top.
Yield: 2 dozen.
Cream Cheese Frosting
1 8 oz package of soy cream cheese
1/4 cup butter, room temperature
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Cream in a blender all of ingredients together. Put on cake. Refrigerate to harden a little.
COCONUT ICE CREAM
One 15 oz can organic coconut milk
8 oz heavy whipping cream (not ultra pasteurized)
2 oz organic coconut oil
1 tblsp of vanilla
½ cup organic sugar or honey
Mix all ingredients together and freeze in an in cream freezer. Or freezer and occasionally stir to keep it from getting too hard.
RICE KRISPIE COOKIE
1 c. butter
Rice Krispies (see health food store options)
1. Mix all ingredients well; add 2 cups Rice Krispies.
2. Roll into balls and bake 10 minutes at 350°F. Cool slightly before removing from cookie sheet.
Use this basic recipe to improvise and make plain to fancy variations.
2 1/2 cups sorghum blend (my blend is 2 cups www.twinvalleymills.com's sorghum, 2/3 cup arrow root, 1/3 cup tapioca
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp xanthum gum
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
4 fertile eggs
3/4 cup organic olive or coconut oil
1 2/3 cups sucanant sugar
2 tsp lemon juice
1 cup organic coconut milk (pineapple juice or pear juice)