1 cup sorghum flour
2/3 cup tapioca flour
2/3 cup arrowroot powder
1 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
1/3 cup organic coconut milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoons sucanant
2 1/4 teaspoons dry yeast granules
2 fertile eggs
1/2 teaspoon raw apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoons organic olive oil
1 cup lukewarm 9.5 water (more or less)
- Grease a medium size corning ware bowl and dust with rice flour.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Add vinegar and oil, and eggs.
- Next, add most of the water holding back about 3 tablespoons to add as needed.
- Turn mixer to low and add the flour mix a little at a time. The mix should be the consistency of cake batter.
- Add the remaining water a little at a time to achieve this texture.
- Turn mixer to high and beat for 3 1/2 minutes. This mixture will be very sticky It will not look or feel like normal break dough. You wont have to kneed it. Just flour your hands and shape the dough and put into the corningware in the shape of a round loaf.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place about 35 minutes for rapid rising yeast; 60 or so minutes for regular yeast or until dough reaches the top of the pan.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes in a 400° oven. Turn out immediately to cool.
- For a softer crust rub immediately with butter or egg whites.
- Cool before slicing.
Nutty Yeast Bread
2 1/2 cup organic sorghum flour
3/4 c tapioca flour
1 T xanthum gum or 1 pkg gelatin
1/4 c sugar
1/2 c quinoa
1 1/2 t salt
1/2 c shredded carrots
3/4 c finely chopped organic walnuts/pecans
1/2 c orgaic sunflower seeds
1 1/2 c warm alkaline water
2 pkg. yeast
2 T raw apple cider vinegar
3 T organic olive oil
2 fertile eggs
- Mix first nine ingredients.
- In separate bowl mix the yeast with water, add rest of liquid ingredients, pour into the dry ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan, lightly tapping bottom of pan to settle mixture.
- Let rise 1 hour (or until it has risen to the top of pan).
- Preheat oven to 350. Bake about an hour covering with aluminum foil after 15 minutes of baking.
- Check with a knife, or bamboo skewer to make sure it's done through.
- Rub with oil for soft crust